We’ve just published the third iteration of our annual ‘People, Purpose, Planet’ report! It details and reflects on a year of significant progress across a range wellbeing, growth and sustainability indicators, as the agency works to leading global frameworks, including B Corp, the Better Business Act, Investors in People and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Kirsty Leighton, Founder & Group CEO, said: “B Corp certification is habit forming: the more we do, the more we achieve and the more we are inspired. Momentum is gathering – from agency growth to profit sharing, from community engagement to making ourselves climate positive by the end of the decade. Better business is a virtuous addiction than no-one at Milk & Honey wants to kick.”
Our latest People, Purpose, Planet report highlights key achievements since 2021:
- International growth has seen its values-led offer generate $1 million in revenue in year one of its New York-based North American office. The agency has also announced a new Munich office, serving Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
- Establishing an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) that now sees 50% of the company’s employees owning 55% of the business – with automatic trust membership after one year of service – to extend influence and profit share.
- No ethnic pay gap across its international businesses.
- 100% female board in the UK, 67% in Germany and 50% in the US.
- Significant progress in supporting 250 diverse candidates to enter the PR industry by 2025 – including partnership with leading diversity and inclusion not-for-profit, The Brixton Finishing School.
- Plastic and carbon neutrality that has seen the agency reduce plastic usage, both as a business and as individuals – and plant over 7,900 trees to eliminate over 649 tonnes of carbon from the atmosphere.
- 0% high carbon clients – with activity monitored at board level.
- Engagement with national and global organisations that work towards business as a force for good. In 2022 this saw Milk & Honey lobby MPs at the House of Commons to support the Better Business Act – with local MP Marsha de Cordova visiting the agency’s Battersea offices to explore ways to progress the initiative.
Lizzie Elkin, Senior Client Executive and President of the Milk & Honey Team Council, said: “We’re a team of people who have come together to make a difference – B-Corp gives us the framework we need to steer our actions and measure our impact. As people, communities and the planet face increasingly immediate threats, it’s time for business to step up to the plate and show that it can be a force for good.”